Sunday, 19 February 2017

Primark Haul



Primark is dangerous territory for me. I either go in with the mindset that I'm going to treat myself or that I only need a couple of essentials. Both scenarios end up with me spending way more than I wanted or needed to, but come on, where else can I pick up a copper eyelash curler for £1? I went into Primark recently for the first time in a while, and I wasn't disappointed! I didn't splurge like I usually do, but the pieces I did pick up I absolutely love.

The first thing I picked up is the gorgeous baby pink blouse pictured above. Apart from absolutely loving this colour at the moment, I was instantly attracted because of the palm trees. Things like golden pineapples, neon signs and palm trees scream 80s Miami, which is obviously the vibe I strive for in life. I can't wait to wear this and look like I should be an extra in the film Cocktail dancing with Tom Cruise to Kokomo (yes I completely have my aesthetic sorted out).

The main attraction of this haul is a pair of dusty pink suede mules, which I first spotted on Instagram. I knew I needed them as soon as I saw them, so I couldn't resist when I saw them in person! There were actually hardly any left in store when I went, so its obvious they've been super popular. I honestly can't wait until the weather warms up so I can wear them all the time- I have a few outfit ideas so I'll be sharing them on here!


The other items I got are just small things, but essentials all the same. I got a copper eyelash curler and pair of nail scissors (perfect for trimming your eyebrows) which were only £1 each. Also from the beauty section, a got a pack of nail glue. Now I love wearing false nails, and I usually only wear Elegant Touch nails in the shape oval or stiletto. The nails themselves are great, but the glue? Not so good. I've always found that the cheapest nail glue you can find does the job better than the ones that come in the packs, and my theory has been proven. So I managed to get 2 tubes of nail glue for a mere 60p, and guess what? I've had the same set of nails on for a full week and not one has fallen off! This is amazing to me considering (as gross as it is) I normally have to carry nail glue around with me because I know they'll fall off, but in this case I don't need to bother. It also means I can wear false nails at work more often because I don't have to worry about them falling off. 

Back to clothing, I got a set of pajamas which you can see in the first picture. They consist of a powder blue vest top and a pair of blue and white striped shorts- I've already worn them and they are super cosy for lounging around in! I'm pretty sure its impossible to go into Primark without buying a new set of PJs.

I always like to check out the menswear section as they sometimes have an interesting range of graphic t-shirts compared to the women's wear section. On this occasion I didn't find any of those, but I did pick up a simple long sleeved white top, which was around the £3 mark. I already have one of these, but I decided to get another as I find them to be perfect for the gym! If you go to the gym and you're not into bright colours and cuts, then wearing a long sleeved top with a pair of Nike leggings and trainers is the perfect look.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig