Monday, 13 March 2017

Barry M Matte Me Up Review




Recently I've really enjoyed browsing Boots and Superdrug for new makeup products. I stopped buying cheaper products for a while, for no reason in particular, I just preferred spending my money on more expensive products. The only downside of that mentality is that I felt obliged to like the product, because I'd think to myself "I had to work one shift just to buy this foundation which has broken me out...". Luckily, drugstore products are a lot cheaper, so that isn't a common problem!

I picked this Barry M Matte Me Up lip kit in Boots for £6.99. First of all, I can't fault the packaging; the lip liner and liquid lipstick come in a box, with a simple two colour design. I love how the front and back of the box are the same colour as the actual product, so its easy to spot which shade you want. This simple design is used on both the box and the products inside, so when they're side by side they look nicely put together.

There are a few different shades available, mainly ranging in the pink/nude field. I chose the shade 'go to', which is a gorgeous brown-y nude, and also dark enough for us pale skin gals! The lip liner included easily glides on, making it straightforward to quickly line the lips. The liquid lipstick itself looks striking once on the lips. The formula for this product is non drying and long-lasting, which I can confirm. I usually have problems with liquid lipstick coming off when I eat and drink, but after wearing this nearly every day for the past week and having more than my fair share of coffee, I can say that this product stayed perfectly put, so this is definitely an option if you have a long day ahead of you!

The only problem I came across testing this product is that the consistency is extremely runny. Each time I've used it, I had to wipe the excess product off the applicator- a little bit goes a long way! I suppose this isn't a bad thing, but just a word of warning as clumsy me nearly dripped it onto my clothes a few times...

All in all, I would completely recommend this product if you don't want to splurge on a Kylie Cosmetics lip kit- its affordable and it does what it says on the tin, what more could you ask for? If you've tried the Matte Me Up lip kit then I would love to know your opinion in the comments below!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig