Tuesday, 30 May 2017

Scrapbooking Haul


So one thing I'm currently obsessed with is scrapbooking. I've always been a big fan of scrapbooking because I'm somebody who loves documenting things in every way I can, especially on paper. As much as I love Pinterest, physically choosing images and being able to customise pages is way more fun. 

I'm not sure how I came across it, but I discovered Hobbycraft for the first time the other day. I was scrolling through their website but decided to go into store before purchasing anything online. Oh my god. Actual craft heaven. Me and my best friend went there and we were in there for nearly an hour, but who can blame us? I found so much amazing stuff and it has really motivated me to start a new hobby. I'm planning on talking about it in another post, but I'm hoping that this will help my mental health too. 

PAPER AND EMBELLISHMENTS 

The first item I got was a large sheet of paper (unfortunately I can't find this on their website!) which you can see on the right in the image above. I thought the design was really cute, plus it'll be super useful for spring/summer layouts. Another item I just couldn't leave behind was these copper frames. I'm a bit like a magpie and just can't leave anything copper behind, so I can't wait to use these to frame memories. I got two sets of stickers, because who doesn't love stickers? These Project Life stickers and these Pink Paislee stickers are going to perfect finishing touches- my favourite sticker is definitely the "boss babe" one! So I've saved the best until last. I first discovered this set of Crate Paper card stock shapes via a Youtuber, and when I saw them in store I couldn't leave them behind. This card stock set is from the Oasis collection, so all of the pieces are summer orientated. I've laid most of them out in the image below- aren't they just gorgeous? I'm not planning on travelling anytime soon, so I may save most of these for when I do, but in the mean time they're going to complete any summertime memories that are going to be created!






STAMPS

I've never used stamps in scrapbooking before, so I'm really excited to give these a go. I just got a simple black ink pad- although there was lots of different coloured ink pads, I chose black because it stands out more, plus I already have plenty of colourful papers and embellishments. I thought a set of alphabet stamps was necessary for titles, so opted for this wooden stamp set; I chose these because the font is playful, so it will be fun to use these on my best memories. I think my favourite item out of everything I got is this date stamp. Not only do I love the pink handle and phrase variation, but also it makes me feel super nostalgic. When I was younger I always visited the library, back in the days when an old lady would stamp your books so you'd know when to return them. It also reminds me of Matilda, probably because she is such a bookworm. I cannot wait to use this!

GLUE AND TAPE 

Maybe the most boring part, but still a necessity. I bought a small bottle of Mod Podge because I saw one of my current favourite Youtubers, Jordan Clark, using it; she used Mod Podge to stick down pressed flowers in a handmade book- something I'm definitely going to be trying! Also, I got a glue dots dispenser, mainly because I hate the way glue sticks can go lumpy under paper (plus it can be messier) - hopefully glue dots will be the solution to my problems! The final item I bought at Hobbycraft was a roll of gold washi tape. Gold accents are something I'm going to be incorporating into my scrapbook, so I couldn't resist gold washi tape. I'm trying to build up my washi tape collection, so I've even ordered a few rolls from eBay- I think they're the perfect accent on pages as they can be used in so many ways.

I really hope you enjoyed this post about my new hobby! I'm aware that it may not be the "coolest" thing, but honestly who cares? I've always been true to who I am, so I'm not going to stop now. Since I'm being creative at the minute, I'm also hoping to blog more frequently- I'm hoping at least once a week. I do have reasons as to why I stopped blogging, but like I said at the beginning of this post, I will talk about that when I'm ready. Again, I hope you enjoyed this post and maybe even look forward to many more!


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Really enjoyed this post girl! And this is such a creative idea, i already do a scrapbook but in a photo album way of my memories with friends and family and i will defo start up a more arty and creative one like this too! Also as you mentioned you should defo do a pressed flower one, i started one couple weeks ago and it's starting to look super pretty and cute! Great post loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig